Here's what you need to understand and use the commerce APIs. Either follow the steps on this page or skip to a topic of interest using the navigation menu on the left.
What are commerce APIs?
Commerce APIs expose a range of data to third-party retail service solution providers, including store apps, multi-brand retailers, and other emerging retail-techs. These APIs are designed and documented to support core retail functions.
The broad categories of APIs include:
- Core APIs (authentication, product, collection, search, and cart) to enable third-party retail solution providers to search/get a list of products
- Engagement APIs (promotions, recommendations, and personalized product search) to enable retail solution providers to get personalized product details
- Fulfillment API to enable access to fulfillment-specific information, including store locations and order details
How to use commerce APIs
Commerce APIs can be consumed by mobile apps, web apps, and by other APIs. These APIs are built in a RESTful architectural style with data represented in JSON. Therefore, these APIs are platform agnostic when it comes to app development.
Security is paramount for commerce APIs. A trusted relationship must be built between the API provider and the developer. As a third-party app provider, follow these steps to use these APIs:
- Register as a developer on this portal (registration will be complete after verification)
- Create an app to consume the commerce APIs
- Subscribe to one or more digital products, each of which is a set of APIs grouped based on the consumption need of the third-party developer
- Obtain app credentials that include a client ID and a secret for each app
- Use the app credentials to authenticate
- Try the APIs using the sandbox
- Make API calls from the app
Before you begin integrating the APIs into your app, be sure to have a clear understanding of your use case(s) and which APIs you'd like to use. You will also have to present necessary information and documents as part of your app creation process.
Register with us
Click on the register button on the left top side of the portal.
Check out the API catalog
APIs are grouped into API products, each with a subset of the API endpoints exposed as part of the commerce APIs. Check out the products, API signatures, parameters, and response structure to understand the APIs from a functional perspective.
Understand authentication, authorization, and consent
There are multiple commerce APIs available as part of this solution. Some of the APIs, such as the product API and the store locator API, are read-only, whereas some APIs can modify data and perform transactions, such as the carts API.
These APIs are protected by various authentication mechanisms based on the level of access.
Create an app
An app is an entry point to use the APIs. App credentials are required to make every call. Create one or more apps using these steps.
Try the sandbox
The sandbox we've provided hosts sample data and enables you to run these APIs on the sample data. This way you can get the APIs to work and understand the request and response structure so that you can integrate them into your app after thoroughly understanding the APIs. Remember to review the documentation of each API and try them before you start using them. For your convenience, authentication, authorization, and consent has been simulated in the sandbox.